Monday, December 15, 2008

A new experience!

On Saturday Andrew woke up with a dry diaper, so immediately I made him sit on the potty....and he went! That is all it took for Bob and I to get excited, who wouldn't after 5 years of diaper changing. So all day Saturday we made him sit on the toilet until he went the bathroom....at one point I think he sat for 45 minutes, but he went several more times! (We are not awful parents because he has a cushioned Dora seat to sit on.) Then yesterday we were at it again, and he went #2. He was so proud of himself, and we made over him like he had won the Super Bowl. We do have to keep reminding him to point "it" down. I had to clean the floor twice and change my socks twice, but that is a small price to pay for his accomplishment. I decided that pictures were not necessary! ;)

4 comments:

Vicki said...

thanks for sparing us the pics! i had to laugh about pointing it down, and your socks. we still have to occassionally remind the boys to pay attention to what they're doing-so he's doing great!

Prachar family said...

I hate to say that the days of wet socks are just beginning!! What an important milestone...I can just imagine your superbowl winning celebration!! Andrew will be so glad you held off the pictures!!!

MillerFam said...

How awesome! I can't wait for that day for Cameron. It will come soon enough.

sweetander said...

Now I feel pressure to get Austin on the potty - he is soooo not ready!! Hopefully it keeps going well for you guys!!