I was suppose to have training in Dever, Colorado for work and we thought that we would take the kids with us and make it a family vacation. However, training got cancelled at the last minute, so we decided to take the kids to Florida! We flew out of Rockford, Illinois because we found some really cheap airfare and it is less than two hours from Iowa City. This was the kids first time on an airplane. Andrew was very brave until it was time to board, and then the tears came. He kept saying, "I don't want plane, I don't want plane." I kept saying, "It isn't scary, it is like a big car." After the long walk down the tunnel we entered the plane the tears dried up and Andrew said, "This not scary, this is like car...I not cry!"
Monday, April 6, 2009
Spring Break - Airplane ride
I was suppose to have training in Dever, Colorado for work and we thought that we would take the kids with us and make it a family vacation. However, training got cancelled at the last minute, so we decided to take the kids to Florida! We flew out of Rockford, Illinois because we found some really cheap airfare and it is less than two hours from Iowa City. This was the kids first time on an airplane. Andrew was very brave until it was time to board, and then the tears came. He kept saying, "I don't want plane, I don't want plane." I kept saying, "It isn't scary, it is like a big car." After the long walk down the tunnel we entered the plane the tears dried up and Andrew said, "This not scary, this is like car...I not cry!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Looks like you had a great vacation!! Next time in Florida hopefully we can meet up! Glad the kids did so well and Andrew got over the airplane fear!
Post a Comment